Great Plains Security Center
Keeping your financial and personal information secure and confidential is our utmost
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We understand how important security and privacy are to you. Here are just a few
of the steps we take to protect your personal information:
- — Computer virus protection helps to detect and prevent computer viruses from
entering our computer network systems.
- — Firewalls help to block unauthorized access by individuals or networks.
- — Secure data transmissions help to ensure that information remains confidential.
We use 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to transmit information to you
and your bank.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You play a very important role in protecting your information. Here are some tips
to help keep your personal information protected.
- — Regular email is not secure. Don't use email to send confidential account
information. Instead, use the "Contact Us" link on our site to send secure messages
- — We recommend that you use a recent version of either Microsoft Internet
Explorer or Netscape Navigator/Communicator to access our web site. These browsers
support the latest encryption and will help to ensure that your connection to us
- — Choose passwords that are difficult for others to guess. Don't use personal
information such as your birth date, address or pet's name as a password. Keep your
passwords for each account unique, and don't write your passwords down in a place
where others could find them.
- — Use antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer. Keep your
operating system up to date and install the latest security patches. See the links
below for more information on protecting your PC.
- — Remember that we will never ask for personal information such as passwords
and account numbers through email.
- — Stay Alert! If you notice anything suspicious, please contact us immediately.
- — Check your credit report at least once a year to make sure there is no unauthorized
activity. See below for information on obtaining a free credit report.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Here are some links to learn more about protecting your personal information and
preventing identity theft:
FTC Tips on Information Security
FTC Identity Theft Information
Microsoft Security Home Page (for Windows users)
Information on Obtaining Free Credit Reports